6 Things You Didn’t Know About Jad Montenegro
January 2nd, 2013
It was a very fruitful year for Jad Montenegro. They made it to Radio Republic’s Pick of the Week, they released their EP Fixed Points and Pendulums[stream flv=x:/vimeo.com/41477626 img=x:/www.davaomusicnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Fixed-Points-and-Pendulum-150x150.jpg embed=true share=true width=600 height=300 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /], plus they received a lot of radio air time and positive reviews. And while they did not make it as the Pick of the Year, (kudos to Gloc 9′s Sirena) they were a very strong contender and the entire Philippines have to come to notice Davao music. The band, an undeniable huge factor for this taking place.
Now that we’re looking at an entire year ahead of us, let’s get to know this band even better with these 6 things that you just have to know about them. You’ll never know when you get to play D&D or Magic cards with them.
1. The members of the band sometimes interchange instruments just for kicks.
2. The band has a preferred practice studio for recording and that is Maki Serapio’s Studio 99 in Arellano Street.
3. Beause they are proud to be nerds, the band plays Magic: The Gathering, DOTA, and Dungeons & Dragons together, with Jad’s husband John. (sometimes they play Magic The Gathering right in the middle of a gig!)
4. Khuko is terrified of watching horror movies (covers eyes, refuses to watch). However, he is very fond of The Vampire Diaries.
5. The band LOVES sinuglaw, cooked perfectly by Mawe Bautista.
6. Carlo is partially colorblind, just like Jad’s husband John. Carlo cannot see cool colors like blue and green. John cannot see warm colors like red and orange.